Web site terms and conditions of use
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY INCLUDING (1) TERMS AND (3) LIMITATIONS BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
THE USE OF THIS SITE IS SUBJECT TO AND LIMITED BY ALL OF THE CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES RELATING TO THE USE OF THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT LIVINGFACTS PRIOR TO THE USE THEREOF.
This site is for information purposes only. Nothing contained herein is an offer by Livingfacts to do business or to transact with you.
Details of the products that Livingfacts offers, and any explanations, serve only as a guide and further information will be made available upon request.
Whilst Livingfacts makes every effort to ensure that this site is updated and accurate, Livingfacts does not guarantee that this site is free of errors, virus and/or interference or interception or that the information contained on this site is reliable. Articles appearing on this website are purely an information service and do not constitute legal advice.
This site and the information contained in this site is protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) from this site for personal and informational viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title or ownership, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the site;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials or the site; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Livingfacts at any time. Upon termination, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
To the extent lawfully permitted, Livingfacts shall not be liable for damages of any nature, howsoever arising, including damages for loss of data or profit or due to business interruption, arising out of the use or inability to use this site and/or the materials on this site, even if Livingfacts has been notified of the possibility of such damage.
Updates and Amendments
Livingfacts may make changes to this site and/or the materials contained on this site including these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
Livingfacts has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Livingfacts of that site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
The use of this site shall be governed by the laws of South Africa.
Your privacy is very important to Livingfacts and as far as possible we treat all information collected through this website and through surveys/research you agree to participate in, as Private and Confidential.
Accordingly, we have developed this policy to describe how we collect, store, use and protect personal information.
Who is it relevant to?
This policy is relevant to you if you are a visitor to our website, a customer we provide services to, a supplier or a participant who has agreed to participate in any of our research projects.
What is personal information and how do we collect it?
The personal information we collect on this website includes:
- Any information that is automatically collected on the website such as your IP address
- Your e-mail address and your requests should you send us an e-mail
If you agree to participate in any of our research projects:
- The information you provide as part of any survey could be personal but will be separated from your name unless you give us permission to use your name and link your responses to your name or other identifying details.
As a customer or supplier you may provide personal information which allow us to interact with you, engage with you and your company for relevant services and for internal record keeping.
It does not include any information which has been made anonymous so a specific person cannot be identified or any information which can be found in any open or public forum (including blogs, communities, classifieds, discussion boards, WhatsApp or other social medial) or place.
Where do we store your data
All data collected by Livingfacts is stored in the Republic of South Africa on our secure server or in a back-up held by our IT supplier.
Our principles regarding your data and managing privacy
The following outlines our principles when collecting data and our approach to managing privacy:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will specify the purposes for which information is collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned and as required by our industry bodies.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data collected will be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be collected, and, to the extent that is necessary for those purposes and will be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as that provided by yourself.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Disclosure of information:
We do not share your personal information with third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of surveys. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
Security of your data:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with POPIA requirements. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We limit access to the information by our own employees, contractors, service providers and those individuals who are authorised for the proper handling of such information. We request that our third party contractors and service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
This policy was updated in August 2021.