Your privacy is very important to Livingfacts and as far as possible we treat all information collected through this website and through surveys/research, which you agree to participate in, as Private and Confidential.
Accordingly, we have developed this policy to describe how we collect, store, use and protect personal information.
Who is it relevant to?
This policy is relevant to you if you are a visitor to our website, a customer we provide services to, a supplier or a participant who has agreed to participate in any of our research projects.
What is personal information and how do we collect it?
The personal information we collect on this website includes:
- Any information that is automatically collected on the website such as your IP address
- Your e-mail address and your requests should you send us an e-mail
If you agree to participate in any of our research projects:
- The information you provide as part of any survey could be personal but will be separated from your name unless you give us permission to use your name and link your responses to your name or other identifying details.
As a customer or supplier you may provide personal information which allow us to interact with you, engage with you and your company for relevant services and for internal record keeping.
It does not include any information which has been made anonymous so a specific person cannot be identified or any information which can be found in any open or public forum (including blogs, communities, classifieds, publicly available databases, discussion boards, WhatsApp or other social medial) or place.
Where do we store your data?
All data collected by Livingfacts is stored in the Republic of South Africa on our secure server or in a back-up held by our IT supplier.
Our principles regarding your data and managing privacy
The following outlines our principles when collecting data for surveys, and our approach to managing privacy:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will specify the purposes for which information is collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned and as required by our industry bodies.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data collected will be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be collected, and, to the extent that is necessary for those purposes and will be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as that provided by yourself.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Disclosure of information
We do not share your personal information with third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of surveys. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
Security of your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with POPIA requirements. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We limit access to the information by our own employees, contractors, service providers and those individuals who are authorised for the proper handling of such information. We request that our third party contractors and service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
|Our Information Officer’s Contact Details|
|Contact Number||+27 82 807 4043|
This policy was update in January 2023.